Friday, May 7, 2010

book of the day

30 Years of Adventure a celebration of Dungeons and Dragons.

Published in 2004, this is already out of date with the publication of D&D 4.0. The book has high graphics. I am old enough to remember playing Chainmail, and the little booklets that had no organization. Those are mentioned. The history with Gygax and Dave Arnson.

There are segments by famous people who play the game. The intro is by Vin Diesel. My students recognized many of the authors who were singers. Of course Whil Wheaton has a page.

There is a history of the game, the good the bad and the corporate.

Every gamer should read it. It is _not_ a rule book, just about the game.

1 comment:

  1. Coolness! I just started playing D&D last year with my boyfriend (who is on your blogroll, squee!) and I love it. Better late than never. :)

    Thanks for coming to my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete