Monday, February 15, 2016

Craft day

Since I have had the day off I did many household chores.  Including putting a new strap on my new bag.  I like the bag but with my OCD, I like things in different pouches.


  Dumping in does not work.  Using my leather sewing machine I did this for my pens, moleskine pad and multitool.



Everything I read about the bag says the strap does not work for long.  I can see why, the support is off balance.  Two large compartments but the strap is connnected on one side.

I used some of the original straps and clips then sewed them to the large strap.  Then I put a D ring on the other compartment.  I adjusted so the new ones do not hold much weight but it could be enough to relieve the strain.

Toward the end I had trouble.  After much fuming and fussing I replaced the needle then had to rethread the thing and adjust the bobbin tension.  Lesson learned.  When the thing acts up, take the time and get the instructions troubleshooting guide.


No comments:

Post a Comment