Wednesday, November 11, 2015

oooh only if we could...

I am having my chemistry students make a slide presentation of a chemical environmental hazard.  Possible subjects are "phossy jaw",  "radium girls", Bhopal India battery factory accident, etc.

I was helping a student get some ideas by suggesting Brownsville, Texas.  A town with a high rate of babies born without brain stems.  Students were asking questions while student was looking up the information.  I opined that the child of the singer Prince had that malady and the hard decision of letting the child die without heroic measures was done.

My beauty pagent, cheerleader, black barbie student was appalled.  "couldn't they do something?  Like a brain transplant."  I understand that she really meant she wanted a place where no children would die.

I have rarely held my tongue so hard....*no darling, if they could you'd be first in line.*

No comments:

Post a Comment