Tuesday, September 1, 2009

not this time

Last year my seniors got away with too much. I let them because I had them the year before and they were so doggone earnest puppy eyed. Not this year batch. I am not letting them mess up. The large class settled down into their comfort zone seats. Monday I reassigned seats. Some was random, just breaking up their cliques, others got moved to the front because they did poorly on last test and I know from last year what they are capable of. Some grumbling but I learned to take it in stride, they just have to grumble.

"my mom won't like it if you move me to the front."

*blink* *blink* okay take a breath before you say something smart

"okay, you have my school and home number, she can call me anytime." (and I will explain and show her notes about your last test, the three days you did no work and either studied for another class or drew and ignored my orders to do my work. The only way you are getting what you want is if the principal tells me to move you.)

No comments:

Post a Comment