Wednesday, September 2, 2009

days I love my co workers

At my school we have an extra period. Ideally it is for clubs or counseling or other extra time for things that may cut into instruction time. This Friday is a pep rally so that is what we do the extra period. When it is not those it is an extra period, so everyday I teach some class twice (1st period then later 1st period again, next day 2nd period twice) Yes it can be confusing, first thing in day I tell them which class they will repeat .

There are a bunch of guidelines such as no tests or quizzes, use it for remediation, do not introduce new material. And it is not a free period or a study hall.
but some new students don't understand that

English teacher during lunch relaying a story
"so my 9th graders said 'what, we gotta do woooork?'
I told them 'I'm sorry the clown canceled yes you have to work.'"

I could never get away with something like this

Or another teacher who wears many admin type hats as well as a class on essentially how to life in real world.

"So Carl asked me why I was writing him up and I was picking on him. I explained that my contract said I get a bonus if I pick on him."

No comments:

Post a Comment