Tuesday, September 1, 2009

chapters of stories

I drive the same 40 plus miles one way for the past two years. Since I have a regular patterns I generally see much of the same thing. I mean "I know the roadkill on a first name basis." I know where the police like to wait. The areas where the logger trucks come from. Where in the road the deer like to cross and what yards they hang out in where its safe. I slow down in one township, right after it are several trailer homes. There is often a van from a school for developmentally disabled preschoolers and adults. Sometimes I see the van in route. Sometimes its parked in front of one of the trailers. I see a man walking with a gait of those who are slow, (deliberate, stiff legged) holding the hand of a small child. Are they both going? Is he going on the bus and the child is "helping" a loved relative? Is the child going and the adult simply has a bad back?

No comments:

Post a Comment