Sunday, March 1, 2009

its only worth what someone pays

I went to a gun auction yesterday hoping to steal, err, buy at a reasonable price some guns. The auction started off they had some incidental items, ammo, ammo belts...not too many of them. That angered the crowd some, they wanted the guns. Then the guns started off. The auction company was just the conduit, the guns belonged to individuals. Some of them had a stated going price, second gun auction finished and the auctioneer said the price was not what the owner set, stated the selling price, and the crowd laughed. Then the crowd got surely, basically the attitude became, "we are not going to bid high."

At the end some collector's items went up and several, like five guns, did not meet the minimum bid. "Its worth..." what ever the price stated was. I felt like saying "no sparky, its _valued_ at that price, it is only worth what somebody is willing to pay for it."

We got a 12 ga pump shotgun. The pistols they had went _way_ to high for my taste. I probably should have kept bidding on the italian mauser. Sinse I haven't set up a range yet, getting a rifle is not high until I know where I can shoot it.

No comments:

Post a Comment