Saturday, March 7, 2009

sleep of the just

sleep of the just
It is finally warm enough to do outside stuff today. Husband is building an add on to the shed to store lawnmower, tiller and gardening tools, along with a side shelf to store his wood. I planted blackberries and other things, tended my labyrinth, labeled herbs. A while back I bought a label printer and copper stick in the ground labels. Now I know what is in the soil. I tilled two beds in prep for planting. We have several trays read with sprouted plants including heirloom tomatoes. Helping hubby by holding things. I'm also making a stand up target for throwing knifes at it (hey some people play golf). This is taking time since I am using dowels to hold it together and must share the drill. I just remembered there is another, smaller drill in the house, I can use that to finish.
I'm limping.
I ran some errands and we had to go to two hardware stores, one locally the other an hour away toward the end because we were out of tin for the roof.
On the anarchy homefront, the arsenal is about complete. A while back I realized that...well many things. So I've taken a Concealed weapon permit class, have purchase a pistol, him too. Today I got the last, a winchester 3030 for him and a Remington 700 .270 bolt action for me. The ranges i s far away, we don't know anybody locally who has a safe place to shoot. So on some weekends, go to big city, go to range, go to bookstore, go to gourmet grocery store.
Tomorrow it is supposed to rain, so I will be doing household stuff.
For now, aspirin, vitamins and the dirty martini await.

No comments:

Post a Comment