Saturday, August 14, 2010

who needs guns?

Because at a nearby eatery I was reading the local paper while waiting for a table. The restaurant is a steakhouse that does its own butchering, well worth the wait. The paper had an article about another nearby town (think a circle, lots of nearby towns...:) ohh, about 45 minutes from where I live. The town in the article I used to teach at.

So there it is one town, two shootings two weeks ago. In fact one of the shooters was a student I taught. He's in jail for that awaiting trial. My daughter's comment was "you must be so proud." Then this week, a group of 4-5 people try to break into a house with a couple in it. The police dispatcher tried for 1/2 hour to get ahold of the chief of police or any police for that matter. The culprits were prying the doors, drunk and threatening to kill the ocupents.

The intruders were arrested, and are waiting trial.

No comments:

Post a Comment