Sunday, August 15, 2010

can't wait for school to start

Yesterday we looked at our yard and of course it is a mess. Grass growning. The tomatoes and cantalopes going strong, too strong, they are choking each other.

So we needs must mow. I was tasked with mowing, hubby took up weed eating and youngest's job was general roustabout. She gave me water but I had trouble drinking it because of ice. After a bit of work (three loads of clippings to the compost pile) I decided that the ice water was cramping my stomach. We have a rather large yard with garden, beds and blackberry patch so it is not one clean swipe back and forth. I went inside to adjust my body temperature and get water. I realized as I sat that I felt the sweat trickling down my back. The next realization was that previously I wasn't sweating. Heat sickness! I drank two glasses of water and went back outside. Both daughter and hubby said I looked flushed more than normal and demanded that they finish the work. No argument.

I sat in the shade, removed my t shirt revealing my A-shirt drinking water. Yard looks much better now though the garden back area is a mess. I got the front yard mowed today. Small beginning blisters on my hands from maneuvering the mower around.

No comments:

Post a Comment