Saturday, March 6, 2010

my knifes


I actually have more than these, these are just the ones that I use the most. The assisted opening bayonet is held quite a bit, but it is mostly a "by the bed" knife...:)










Work knifes. My gerber multi tool. This was fun getting. The one I normally had "walked off" when I was teaching at an alternative school (ie problem kids). At Wal mart I asked the guy behind the counter to "show me all of them." My hands are smaller than most people and I have to hold things. Think he was a little put out, but is not as if I took forever. I easlily eliminated many and the "maybe" stack got smaller and smaller until the "yes' was left. Besides, if he is helping me, he's not having to stock shelves. Especially something that needs to be used. The multitool is mostly for work. I have to repair lab equipment. Minor things. Any multitool of mine has to have a scissors attatchment. When subbing for another class, problem kids wanted to "sharpen my pencil" and wouldn't you know it, the pencil sharpener was broken, they wanted to go next door and use that classroom's sharpener. "Gimmee"...student "what?" me "gimmee your pencil" a few strokes of the blade from the multitool and the pencil was sharp. Student "you can't have that! its a weapon." me "its a tool, I'm a teacher, and besides if you want to talk weapons, I have an entire chem lab at my disposal. Eventually everybody in the class wanted me to sharpen their pencil. The fact it could be done like this was new to them. They even showed their buddies after class, "Ms W used her knife and sharpened my pencil."

The garden knife is falling by the wayside. But it opens bags, trims branches, etc. I got it when I went back to bury my mother.

Folding tools. The gerber knife I got from Wally world again. Quick open, lightweight, serrated toward the handle for rough stuff. Tanto point. I like it.
The Mantis karambit I purchased on ebay. Its my back up for when I can't carry my gun, but I find it is razor sharp, and useful for many things. I may go to more mantis knifes in the future.


Last on is a boot knife I purchased from ebay. I use it to practice throwing. (hey some people play golf) its place is here on the computer table when not outside

No comments:

Post a Comment