Tuesday, March 23, 2010

appleseed!

This past weekend we (my husband and I) attended our first Appleseed shoot. Neither one of us shot rifleman. But we learned a lot. I'm better now. The history part was not much more than I already knew but I have a book to read now, _Paul_Revere's_Ride. I lost control (apologies) when the instructor said that the British regulars were in part looking for a canon the colonials had stolen. A brilliant way to steal one. I just blurted out "can you imagine being the British artilery officer? 'sir, I beg to report that we have misplaced a canon.'" I knew the revolutionaries stole rifles from the Brits, but a canon. Colonel Knox, later in the war seized several canons and moved them quickly.

My first shooting was bad, though I could hit something. Then better and better. Two attempts for AQT, the second was worse because I was tired, and loosing light.
We did not stay Sunday. The snow was our clue to leave. Yes snow on the first day of spring.

Friendly polite people. One young man got his Rifleman patch. One couple like us who had just started shooting and were like me in information overload. They had a good point, they got high quality rifles, my husband used an sks until he gets the one he wants.
We are going to the one next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment