Sunday, January 10, 2010

need pocket knife

The next time I'm out on an errand to Walmart I plan on checking out the gerber knives. The pocket knife I have is a little big. Plus I need one for the workshop next week.

4 lovely days, doing stupid, and I mean stupid stuff that will supposedly make me a better teacher. 2 of my comments have been "If they make me do a balloon sculpture" or "if they make me do a puppet show" ..."I will hurt somebody".

I'm told they make us make dolls representing the "student who fell through the cracks". No student of mine "fell". They may have jumped, many were certainly pushed, but none "fell". We spent a great deal of time and effort trying to save these kids. Often to the detriment of other students.

One of my coworkers who has to come with me asked when learning of the dolls "can we stick pins in them."

The pocket knife? I and considering gutting it open and taking the stuffing out of the doll, just to see what will happen.

Okay I won't do that I'll be a professional, ...but I'm not going to be quiet about it.

3 comments:

  1. If you're not a knife fan, then a Swiss Army Knife is a good choice; inexpensive, extremely well made, with very useful tools. Many variations exist, including versions with flashlights and even thumb drives for computers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a multitool I mostly use to repair lab equipment.

    I just want something with a *snick* on it...

    more impressive
    and since the workshop is not at a school I would be breaking any law.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Check for CRKT knives: good steel, solid construction and a good lock on the blade.

    ReplyDelete