Saturday, August 27, 2016

"come home..."

conversation with my 95 year old father

*now my grandfather funeral had this "he made his peace with his family, himself , his God and his fellow man."*

 My father wants the same said of him.

me "'you're not scared of die ing.  You are scared of die ing badly.  you want "your wife, daughter, parents, and brothers, among others; are waiting for you and right now your remaining children are being called to tell them you did not wake up.'  You don't want the realization that 'there is a machine keepine me alive.  I hope they turn it off."

My husband's grandfather had machines keeping him alive.  and he would point at them, we knew what he wanted.  But my Mother in law wanted him alive so she could get payments and support as he lived and there was nothing anybody could do.

No comments:

Post a Comment