Saturday, September 15, 2012

Go away

In my school mail box there is a largish envelop for me.   I've seen this before.  Yup, from some kind of science teacher group is a bundle of surveys on science attitudes and plans that they want me to give my students.  They will even give back the student a free career guide.  Gee, guys if my student checks the box saying he wants to go to a "church sponsored college" and specializing in "banking" are you going to tell him he really wants to go to a church sponsored college and get a degree in finance?  That's a lot of work.

The survey frankly, sucks,  I say this as the wife of a professor who teaches college students how to make and give surveys.

Then the very first thing is they want my students' names and contact information.  No.  You have absolutely no need for this.

No, go away.  Do not bother me again. I am not giving up 10 minutes of instruction time for your silly survey so you can say you know about students attitudes toward science.  I can tell you that in 5 minutes, pay me though, my services will be 100 dollars and hour with a minimum of 1/2 hour, not including travel time.

I took all the surveys put them into the postage paid envelope along with a "do not bother me again" note and asked a student to take them to the office on his bathroom run.

No comments:

Post a Comment