Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Its 2 months out of 13 years

I had to tell a student today that since he failed my math class he would not graduate.  Which lead to a conference with the counselor and then principal.  I had carefully dotted my i s and crossed my t's  so all my paperwork was together, he just did not do the work.  Student cannot walk, but can graduate if he takes credit remediation this summer.  He would rather dropped.  I have never in my life wanted to slap a student so much.  Thirteen years of his life in education and he doesn't want to do 2 montth and pay the 75 dollars it takes.  Principal decided to try credit remediation until graduation which means he comes every day to ALE.  After student left, principal and I agreed.  His mother was going to light into him.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete