Saturday, February 27, 2010

what they are shooting for

Last week as a national event go to college week. The promoter at our school did us proud. He had pins for teachers, a large banner for pledging to go to college, speakers the first day who were from the area who had made successes and a college day in which representatives from colleges and trade schools showed up and talked to the kids.

One day was wear your favorite college apparel. I wore a humorous tshirt about the mascot my master degree is from, borrowed from my husband who teaches there. Friday was "dress for college success". I wore my Master's robes. As I explained to the sponsor, who really loved my doing it, this is what they supposed to be shooting for the priviledge of wearing one of these. Every class I explained the meaning of the colors, the sleeves (master robes sleeves were designed to hold pens and such), the hood ("no really its not a cape or scarf, its a hood," flip up to show that it does cover my head). And that some places, very few, they are worn every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment