Thursday, May 28, 2009

Went to get make up, got a new gun bag

Summer break has started. I set off today to do shopping. First stop was a large hunting supply store. Goal was to get swivels for my rifle, a range bag and possibly a shooting jacket. Also look at rifles and pistols. Got the swivels. Range bag was either wrong color, too big, too girl etc. etc. The salesman was nice and helpful and I apologized for being picky. Husband got a new pair of comfortable shoes. Hit a few pawn shops looking at guns and tools.
Since I am older I have finally decided to get some make up. Even stopped tearing my nails. So I go to large department store and at the make up counter. I had thrown away all my previous makeup. Explained to helpful lady at counter that I had no habit of makeup but was going to start. she helped me with selections showed me how to lay on the stuff. Hubby was helpful with his "trowel" suggestion. After that she filled out a sheet of what I would need to get. I looked at it and said "Okay."
"What do you want?"
"well all of it..." pause, realizing I'm in docker style work pants, t shirt and a button up shirt on top. Reach into wallet and pull out gold American Express "now do we understand?"
She glances at it, she works partly on commission. "yes we do understand!...." *Ca-Ching...It takes time for her to gather up the things, code them, wrap them. Hubby is looking around.
"hey dear" he gestures at displayed bag,..."This is the what you wanted."
"yes it is." It is the size and color I wanted. No pockets, but it nice. He asks how much and it is explained that the bag is a gift for buying a cologne. Well, how much for the cologne. He even opines that he should start wearing cologne.
So I now have a designer label bag, and a cell phone number of a make up person, just in case I need some questions on how to put the stuff on.

No comments:

Post a Comment