Saturday, May 9, 2009

substitutes

My students do not realize that I have no control over who substitutes for me. If I am sick, it is whoever the secretary can get ahold of between the time I call in and when school starts. And the secretary really does not appreciate a call at 5 am when I have decided that I am sick, so the call must be at 7, which gives her an hour to find somebody. I do not even know the names of the substitutes except for two of them. I see them around but I've never been introduced. The students have their own names for them, there is "Sarah Plain and Tall", "Meth lady" and "Clueless Black Lady". These are the ones who's name I do not know. The two substitutes whose names I know are the ones I like. They always leave me notes and try to follow a slapped together lesson plan I've emailed the secretary. Wouldn't you know it, my students don't like these two.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete