Tuesday, June 11, 2019

problems

I am working on fixing the Friden calculator.  I have cleaned much.,  I got it spinning and moving I got a power cord that works.

The motor was sparking.  I was not sure if the problem was dirt and oil or if something was grounding.  Then as I am checking and seeing if it is working and experimenting, it jams and a tooth on the gear work.  I call my husband in who tells me that if I can remove the gear I can probably order another one.  Oh well its not working, what have a got to loose.  I'm  going to take it apart to see if I can loosen that gear and look at the motor better.  Maybe I can rewire it.

The first part is to remove the carriage.  Then I can get a better view.  I'm taking pictures so I can see what is happening and put it back together.

Removing two bolt heads can help me get it off I hope.  Then just take apart to learn.

either I will fix this or get another while having a prototype.  But only after I get a bunch of other jobs done.

No comments:

Post a Comment