Sunday, March 6, 2016

Blogger challenge Day 3

Day 3: Discuss one “observation” area that you would like to improve on for your teacher evaluation.

My official one is
2b Establishing a Culture for Learning • Importance of content • Expectations for learning and achievement • Student pride in work

This is because we are going into SBE.  What I am really trying this year is to reshape how I teach and grade.  I want to get out of the "worksheet" paradigm.  The problem with this is since I teach science, projects are not really the way to go.

I can do it in my Environmental Science class, and honestly I have not tried.  I have a few ideas using "bingo" and "menu".  But I have not done it.  My excuse is "these students can't do it."  I think my real reason is I have never done it before.  We have a new nine weeks coming so I can do it then.  I will be doing a project for my chemistry class in which they make paper dolls of famous scientists toward the end of the year.

Back to this.  I walk a line of having students work on their assessments, then not running around putting out fires. 

No comments:

Post a Comment