Sunday, February 23, 2014

Zombie STEM Activity

I am usually down on Texas Instruments.

Now I recognize that years ago they are responsible for Americans having easy access to calculators.  The first ones that came out years ago when I was in High School were very expensive and TI made them cheaper than the others.

My issue is they really want people to use calculators...regardless.  After all if you use calculators instead of doing it with paper, then become dependent on calculators they have sales.

Many of their lesson plans involve teaching students how to use the calculator or new program or new console, instead of learning the lesson.  Of course in my class I use TI.  I even had a set that hooked up to the calculators. (right now my current school has a set of such things by another company)

But here

http://education.ti.com/en/us/stem-hollywood/zombies

is a lesson on how such a thing could happen.  It covers the curriculum. 

Hmmm. Maybe we can all do a lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment