Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Myths in Professional Development

"Einstein was dyslexic"

No, look who knows more about the Father of Relativity, you or me, the Physics major.

There is no evidence that Einstein was dyslexic.  Maybe what we call Asperger's Syndrome now.

In a highly structured school system such as was Germany 100 years ago, he had trouble.  As a Jew in a Catholic school he had lots of trouble. 



 What Einstein was a genius, even as a child. I doubt I could teach him, I doubt anybody in my school system could teach him.  The best for him was a library and time.

I hate to break it to English Majors, but Einstein was not that much.  Surely he has more Brains than I will ever had, but consider Feynman, or Newton or Curie.  He wrote three papers that he made his career on and refused to follow quantum mechanics in spite of the evidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment