Wednesday, March 2, 2011

best birth control

Its morning. a student walks into the commons with his robo baby. This is an electrified doll that mimics a real baby. Students must wear an electronic tag that will shut the baby up when it cries, swipe the tag on the back and the baby may stop crying, or it may need a change, be held or a bottle. Robobaby is how students get part of their grade in Parenting class (we used to call this home economics)

Part of the joy for me, is the teacher can adjust the setting from calm to cranky to even mimicking fetal alcohol syndrome.
Robobaby is crying. He pleads to the teacher in the commons who gave him this task that his is ready to turn it in (we don't allow them in class...it is a homework assignment) She responds that she will not take it in until the baby is quiet. Bubba stops at my class, which is enroute and starts trying to figure out the problem. cuddling, bottle change diaper...

I'm doing my morning errands, and laughing at him.

"ms widget you are enjoying this."

"yea, I told you I'm a sadist. You want one of those?"

"oh hell no, this thing cried at 1 and 3 and...5..."

No comments:

Post a Comment