Saturday, December 4, 2010

helleuva day

I generally do not refer students to the office. 1. I have reasonable management skills. 2. I have higher performing students.

Two students in my lower class were making noises. I put my plan into action. One has escalated up my scale that he has detention with me. Then another noise comes out. Okay you're going to the office. I can't teach if you are doing this. Of course he claims he is an innocent as a newborn lamb. Really, as bad as it sounds I don't care which of them did it, though I'm certain it was him. Noises keep happening one of you is being written up.

Other class, high performing, but social and large. Half of them are gone to college day. Lot of of empty seats. I move students around "hey move up front..." One student flat refused. Okay, I"m not going to argue. I"m not going to send you to office, you are not disrupting class.

Student sulks. finally I tell her "look you think I'm wrong you can complain to the office." Student does just that. I'm thinking what is student going to say? "Mrs. W. wanted me to move up front and didn't tell other students to."

crickets chirping

"she's picking on me. She always does that."

More crickets

"like when I was pregnant last year and she helped me do all the catch up work from the time I missed."

Seems also a student went into labor. I think we have no more pregnant students now. Wait until spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment