Saturday, November 13, 2010

Book of the day

Defying Gravity the Creative Career of Stephen Schwartz by Carol d Giere

I wonder how people who I admire can create things. Books, movies, musicals. The short answer is there is something about these people that makes them able to do it. No, there is something about these people that they _must_ do it.

I am a Wicked fan. I have seen the show now 5 times' once on Broadway the other times a tour. Last time I got a backstage tour, the result of donating to Broadway Cares. Schwartz wrote that along with Godspell, Baker's Wife and Pippin among others.

He does in the book talk about his inspirations and the struggle of actually getting his project from an idea in his head to something that people can see.

Oh yea if you are a female who ever felt "I can't fit in" go see Wicked.

No comments:

Post a Comment